Sure, you can buy vaping accessories and products online, but sometimes it can be more helpful to see and try a product in person or get a demonstration of how it works. After that, you can go online and look for deals if you want; however, supporting your local small business is a win-win, so here are some tips on finding a great vape shop.
Vape Shops are Popping up Everywhere
The past five years has seen huge growth in the number of brick and mortar vape shops throughout the U.S. and Europe. This is because vaping has become a popular alternative to smoking cigarettes. One of the drawbacks to so many vape shops popping up is that there is a wide variety in the quality of the mod accessories and e-liquids. However, brick and mortar vape shops do have a lot of advantages.
- You get the support you need: If you’re new to vaping you may be uncertain about what equipment you need, which is best for you and what e-liquids you might like. The great thing about going to a vape shop is that there are experienced staff there who can answer all your questions and help you figure out exactly what you want. You won’t find this level of support when you shop online.
- You can try before you buy: Even if you are an experienced vaper, you still might want to try something new from time to time. When you go to a vape store you can watch live demonstrations, examine the vaporizers and sample different flavors of juice. Look here to find a vape shop.
- Instant gratification: You can get your hands on a vaporizer and all the accessories instantly, without having to wait for shipping. You can also get help if something isn’t working properly, or you need to return or exchange something.
- Social interaction: Many vape stores have areas where you can sit, vape and talk to other patrons. Some even have coffee shops. It’s a relaxing social environment where you can meet like-minded people.
The History of Vaporizers
The first e-cigarette was created in the 1060s by Herbert A. Gilbert. Like e-cigs today, his smokeless cigarette was comprised of heating elements and used flavor cartridges instead of tobacco. It wasn’t until the turn of the 21st century that Chinese pharmacist Hon Like made the first modern e-cigarette. He released his first commercial model in 2006.
The next stage in the evolution of vaping came a few years later when brothers Umer and Tariq Sheikh introduced cartomizers and clearomizers. These replaced the atomizer and enabled the creation of disposable e-cigs.
Today’s e-cigs and vaporizers have undergone many technological changes. From the initial atomizer, the e-cigarette has evolved to box mods with complex controls enabling the user to manually select voltage, juice levels, and nicotine strength. Vape devices are available in all shapes and sizes, colors and designs and there are hundreds of different flavored e-liquids to choose from.
How to Choose a Vape Device
Although they may look different all vaporizers have certain parts in common. Here’s a rundown on their different parts.
- Vape coils: A replaceable wire coil covered in absorbent material to absorb the e-liquid.
- Vape tanks: This houses the heating coil, e-liquid, and wick.
- Vape mod: This houses the batteries and transfers power to the atomizer.
- Batteries: Some vape devices have integrated rechargeable batteries, others use replaceable ones.
- E-liquid: Vape juice is made from a blend of propylene glycol, glycerin, and food flavoring. Some liquid also contains nicotine.
Types of Vape Devices
E-cigarettes: Closely resembling a real cigarette, they come in rechargeable or disposable models. This is a good choice if you’re switching to vaping from smoking cigarettes.
Mid-sized vaporizers: Vape pens are about the size of a cigar. They tend to have a shorter battery life than larger models. They can be taken apart so that parts may be replaced and modified. They are easily refilled.
Mods: These are the largest of the vape devices and can be quite complex to use. Like the other devices, they are manually operated but they have multiple options, such as changing the voltage and the amount of liquid being used.
One of the advantages of shopping for vape equipment online is that it is often cheaper because the retailer has lower overheads. You can still go to the vape store first to find what you like and then order it online later.
Alicia Lucas has spent a lot of time researching the latest vaping trends. She learning more about the vaping lifestyle and she shares her insights through blogging.
Image by Pexels.com