Halloween will be here before you know it and the roads will be packed with ghost and goblins. While you may still go out trick or treating with your youngsters, it’s important to know some trick or treating tips to ensure you all are safe while out there enjoying the trick or treating night.
- Please make sure that your youngsters Halloween costume isn’t dragging on the ground as they could easily trip and fall into the road or get hurt out there when trick or treating.
- Make sure that the youngster has a mask that is breathable and doesn’t create issue with them seeing while walking door to door.
- Select a costume that is bathroom friendly, nothing stinks more than being out trick or treating and your youngster can’t get out of the costume to go potty.
- Well fitted shoes for long distance walking and glow sticks to illuminate your youngster will be a vitally important part of the costume.
- You can purchase reflective vests, reflective stickers or other similar items that will shine when the car headlights hit your youngster. Also be sure to stock up on glow stick necklaces and bracelets.
Halloween Candy Rules
- Your youngster should be educated on the dangers of eating candy from strangers, it’s funny we spend all year telling our kids not to take candy from strangers then once a year we go begging for it while trick or treating.
- Be sure to let the youngsters know that they cannot eat any of the trick or treating candy while out and about, that an adult must check it over before they consume it.
Have fun Trick or Treating
While it is important to be safe while out trick or treating this Halloween season with your youngster, remember that it’s all about the fun. This time of year it’s great to start planning your Halloween costumes as a family and get out together trick or treating to have some fun!
What are your plans for Halloween? Do you go out trick or treating with the kids?