I received an email a while back about a look that was featured on Project Runway: Graphic Eyes and Playful Pink Lips using Mary Kay products. Mary Kay Global Makeup Artist Luis Casco was backstage finishing designers’ runway looks in the Mary Kay Color Design Studio, and with Luis step by step tutorial, and a cute video created by my daughters, you can see this Project Runway look come to life!
How to Create the Graphic Eyes Look
Sweep Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Moonstone across lids from lash line to brow bone, then blend Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Driftwood onto creases and under eyes to create depth.
· Apply a thin line of Mary Kay At Play™ Bold Fluid Eyeliner in Blue My Mind from upper inner corners to middle of eyes.
· Make eyes pop by lining the rest of the lid with Mary Kay® Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black starting from the upper outer corners.
· Finish with two coats of Mary Kay® Ultimate Mascara™ in Black for definition and curl.
· EXPERT TIP: To find the perfect angle for the wings of your eyeliner, hold an eyeliner brush diagonally over your eye so it intersects with the outside corners of your eye and eyebrow.
How to Create the Playful Pink Lips Look
Apply Mary Kay® True Dimensions® Lipstick in Pink Cherie straight for the tube and finish with Mary Kay® NouriShine Plus® Lip Gloss in Au Naturel.
· EXPERT TIP: Dab lip gloss in the center of bottom lip for extra dimension and shine!
Extra Tips for Face Makeup
Contour with Mary Kay® Bronzing Powder in Medium to Dark under cheekbones and along hairline and highlight with Bronzing Powder in Light to Medium for an overall glow.
· EXPERT TIP: Give your look serious staying power with Mary Kay® Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinavia!
I had a blast watching the girls create this look and others using the Mary Kay makeup sent to us, while my girls don’t wear makeup all of the time, I do allow makeup to be a part of their world. I look forward to having an opportunity to share more tutorials using makeup in the future as I remind myself that my girls are getting older….