Cheating in any form is never fruitful and spoils the cheater in the short or long run. On the other hand, the person being cheated remains unharmed out of Divine help due to his or her innocence throughout.
What is Cyber Cheating?
This is to cheat your spouse or committed partner by having obnoxious relations online with someone else unnoticed to your spouse or partner. These relations may be social, financial, sexual, etc. but are always objectionable to your spouse or partner if he or she comes to know all this. No matter whether you have these relations with the same gender or with the opposite one, you are committing cyber cheating.
How common cyber cheating is can be judged by the fact that 25% of men and 14% of women cheat their respective partners in a lifetime. Another expert is of the view that 20%—60% of couples cheat each other in a lifetime. Another very interesting fact is that 76% of women and 59% of men consider it cheating to send flirty messages online without in notice of their partners.
Some think that cyber cheating involves only illegal online sexual relations with someone else other than your committed spouse or partner. This is in fact a part of the whole. Any of your immoral, illegal or objectionable online activity unnoticed to your spouse or partner comes under the banner of cyber cheating. What confirms any online activity to be cyber cheating is its being stealthy and the fact that your partner will get angry if he or she comes to know about this. So, cyber cheating is not confined just to the unnoticed sexual activity online though this is admittedly the most operational area so far. The following stats will show you a lot in this respect.
55% of males and 50% of females admitted to cheating on their spouse even with more than one person.
32% of men and 22% of women met with the person they cheated with either through social settings or a dating service.
23% of men and 28% of men said the leading cause was a lack of sexual or emotional satisfaction.
Though most marriages continue even after the affairs, 40% of men and women are not satisfied with their spouse. (https://www.trustify.info/blog/infidelity-statistics-2018)
Causes of Cyber Cheating
Being monogamous is really a gift for a number of reasons, but I wonder why some people do not want to enjoy this blessed gift throughout their lives. They get involved with others secretly and find immense pleasure to undertake online sexual activities despite the fact they are far away from each other. I have investigated into the possible causes of this immoral cheating and the following is what I found in society.
- Some people are not monogamous by nature; they tend to have relations with more than one person at a time. Such type of people told me that they also like and love their spouse or committed partner and never like to lose him or her. So, they think it safe to build a secret relation with someone and fulfil their inner desire without losing their image before their partner.
- There are people who love to enjoy sex orally without any physical contact. I found them quite satisfied after just talking with someone on sexual topics. It makes them no difference if they are not touching their online companion. They think that their spouse will not facilitate them with an oral sex like this one. Hence, they develop stealthy relations with others online.
- A few are those who think that after having a long sexual discussion online, they will get aroused or excited and will be well able to perform better with their spouse on bed. One of my friends doesn’t get excited in a normal way and has to converse with someone sexually, which he thinks he cannot do with his spouse.
- Sometimes, it does happen that one of the partners has to leave home to earn abroad and the couple get in bed after long gaps. Meanwhile, one of the partners thinks it better to develop relations with someone else at least for some temporary consolation. I know such a family personally where a wife is committing cyber cheating. So, people get involved with some stranger online in order to get calm sexually.
- A lot of people are of the view that online oral or visual sex is not a sin at all because it does not involve physical touch. They think that there is no need to tell their partner about this because it is just like so many other routine outdoor activities. Under this thought, they start doing cyber cheating without the slightest notion about its gravity.
- Last but not the least is that I know a lot of people who have some mental aberration to pose themselves as the needy of true love, for they like to keep changing their partner again and again. They think that cyber cheating is an easy way to convince someone to do sex ultimately.
Adverse consequences of cyber cheating
Cyber cheating is really a very gruesome activity which causes a number of social disasters some of which are:
1. No focus on the family
The betrayer starts shrinking from his or her own family when he or she gets involved in someone else other than his or her spouse. He or she keeps thinking about the other person and what to do next. The parents, the spouse and the children get badly ignored all this while. He or she starts neglecting the responsibilities towards the family, for they seem to be considered an extra burden.
2. Weakest family relations
Cyber cheating weakens the family bond and the relationship among various units of a family gets spoiled. The family does not seem to be a family unit any more when husband or wife or both start cheating each other. Nobody in the family cares for others and the well being of the whole family is adversely hit under such circumstances.
3. Chances of direct physical contact
Cyber cheating over a long period involves the awareness of personal information to a maximum level. This in turn leads to the strong desire of meeting and having the ultimate physical sex with the online partner. This direct physical involvement will spoil the whole lot altogether by possibly splitting the family unit.
4. Wastage of time, money and energy
Apart from everything else, cyber cheating also causes severe loss of precious time, money and energy. A lot of worthwhile tasks remain unaccomplished just because of the shortage of time on the part of the betrayer. Constructive activities begin lagging behind as well as destruction caused by cyber cheating keeps wasting money and energy. Instead of spending on the family, the betrayer starts wasting the time, money and energy.
How to overcome cyber cheating
The best way to overcome this nuisance is to reform oneself by self-realization of the moral, social and domestic responsibilities. One must always fulfil one’s liabilities towards one’s spouse and other family members. However, professional consultants and counselors may also be contacted in this regard in case one fails to reconcile oneself.
The best way to overcome this nuisance is to reform oneself by self-realization of moral, social, and domestic responsibilities. One must always fulfill one’s liabilities towards one’s spouse and other family members. However, professional consultants and counselors may also be contacted in this regard in case one fails to reconcile oneself. If you are looking for self-help you might want to give this blog on affair recovery a quick read.