It is hard to plan your holiday prep weekend when the kids are headed to their Dad’s home every other weekend, usually I plan to do our holiday prep weekend about 2-3 weeks before Christmas and this last weekend was it! We woke up and headed out to choose our Christmas Tree at a local tree farm in town, then brought it home. Sunday evening the kids gathered around and decorated with garland, lights and ornaments.
After the tree was decorated, I wanted the Christmas spirit to continue, meanwhile my middle child wanted computer time but we worked hard and eventually all of us were seated at the dining room table using acrylic paint, construction paper, glue and popsicle sticks to create some fun Christmas decor crafts!
Supplies for Popsicle Crafts:
- Elmer’s Glue
- Craft Sticks aka Popsicle Sticks
- Acrylic Paint
- Construction paper for star or Wooden pre-made Star
How to Make Popsicle Christmas Tree:
- Gather up 7 popsicle/craft sticks and a wooden star (or one you made out of construction paper)
- Set up the popsicle sticks so that 1 is the center (trunk) of the tree while the other 6 are going to be shaped to make a Christmas Tree design.
- Use scissors to cut the popsicle sticks so that they take the shape of a Christmas Tree (see image above for shape).
- Paint the trunk popsicle stick to be brown, paint the popsicle sticks that are cut for the tree in green.
- If you are using a basic wooden star, paint it a yellow or another color of your choice.
- Use Elmer’s glue to get all of the pieces glued together as show in image above.
- Get creative, use your imagination to go further with this craft by adding pretend lights using paint or some other ornament type design, the possibilities are endless!
Other Simple Popsicle Crafts You Can Do with Similar Supplies:
Which way to the North Pole? Use paint and popsicle sticks as well as Elmer’s glue to make this adorable Christmas Decoration!
Take your imagination further with acrylic paint and popsicle crafts …. make a fun star or snowflake using Elmer’s glue and other supplies you have leftover from the Popsicle Crafts you worked to create as a family! There really is a ton you can do with just a bit of glue, paint and popsicle sticks to decorate this holiday season!
What have you made with your family for popsicle crafts?