It’s amazing what technology has done to our world, we are now able to date from miles away or meet people just next door to us by utilizing the world wide web. Today I get to share a cute love story from a couple who met on Match.com while they both were living in LA.
We are Staci & Alex – a match.com success story!
My recently engaged fiance and I met online! We are very happy to say that
match worked for us We met over 2 years ago in LA via match; countless
dates & a big move across the country, we are happily in NYC and engaged to
be married June 2013!
I can’t not say enough about online dating and how great of an idea it is – 3 girls in my new office have since joined match after hearing our success story.
I will be honest and say that in the beginning I was VERY picky about who I
met on match.com, I don’t really know what I was being such a stickler about – because once I let my guard down and opened myself up to ‘dating’ I met
some of THE best guys – including my wonderful fiance! When we did meet, I
had probably gone on 14 dates in 3 weeks time (no joke – when I meant open,
I meant open for all kinds of guys!), thought my new date was nice and fun and there was no reason he didn’t deserve another date. I thought those same thoughts on date 2-6, by date 7 I knew I had met the man that completed me! Alex’s story is a bit different – he may have been ‘match.comstalking’ me for several months, trying to work up the courage to email me!
Finally one day, he had the courage and emailed me a hello…..
Match.com Best Advice (what worked for me)
- Don’t waste time on ppl you know you won’t like There are plenty of awesome ppl out there – save yourself for the one! BUT be open – you NEVER know who you might meet!
- ALWAYS talk on the phone first! You can easily read chemistry over the
phone and nip an awkward 1st meeting in the bud.
- ALWAYS meet for just a drink on the first date – dinner is too much
time….unless the date progress’s to dinner.
- ALWAYS be open – I know it sounds bad, but I refused to date guys under 6’1′ – until I ‘lowered’ my standards – I would have never met my 5’6′ love!
- HAVE FUN – dates are fun, meeting new people is fun! Go into with a
positive attitude and you will get positive results!