Last week I introduced you to a new feature with Shaws app called MyMixx my Savings, well this week I want to share how easy it is to clip coupons and use them upon checkout at your local Shaws store. I used my first coupon and wasn’t quite sure how it worked, my local Shaws cashier went up and beyond to engage in a conversation with me:
- Me: “how does this MyMixx coupons thing work?”
- Cashier: “just click to clip the coupon, and as long as it is in your MyMixx account on the Shaws app the register will automatically deduct the coupon, if you purchase the item.”
- Me: “Wow, that is really neat. No more clipping coupons or remembering what coupon goes with what!”
- Cashier: “I know it is really awesome!”
- Me: “Okay well I don’t believe it works that easily, so here, can you scan this Tabasco sauce for me, I want to see if the 50 cent coupon comes off automatically?”
I went and put in my phone number for the MyMixx account over on the debit/credit card reader, handed the cashier my Tabasco sauce and voila! The coupon came right off. At this point I was confident that I can trust MyMixx clipped coupons and the deals they have to work going forward. I figured I should let the cashier finish scanning in my grocery items at this point.
The cashier was all but 18 years old but totally knowledgeable about MyMixx and the Shaws app, I was impressed! This week at my local Shaws they had 29 cent 2 liter Pepsi brand soda, $1.99 bacon and 99 cent 1lb bag of strawberries! These deals would all automatically ring up so as long as you put in the phone number for your MyMixx account at the debit/credit card reader area. Sadly, this cashier reminded me about the 2 liter soda deal a wee bit late, maybe I will go this week and catch that deal before it ends!
So let me walk you through the easy steps of using MyMixx with Shaws app:
- Download the Shaws app to your smartphone.
- Click to sign up with MyMixx within the Shaws App.
- You can have your receipts from MyMixx text or emailed to you.
- Your MyMixx Account Number is the same as the phone number you used when signing up.
- Browse the coupon area on the Shaws App, browse MyMixx deals; add items to your shopping cart within the Shaws App.
- Head to Shaws and get shopping!
- During checkout, insert your MyMixx number on the debit/credit card reader (where you slide your payment card) and watch the savings roll off that total bill.
I hope that you will see how easy and awesome this Shaws MyMixx program is and use it to start saving money without having to clip coupons in real time or hold up your cell phone to have the cashier scan an online coupon!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shaw’s. The opinions and text are all mine.