Do you dream of being a published writer like Daniel Handler? Pros like Daniel know that writing isn’t easy, and it’s extremely difficult to be discovered. That’s why so many writers start as bloggers. You can publish on your own and attract readers in the process. Read on for blogging tips every writer should know.
1. Engage with writers and commenters on other blogs. Interacting with blogs is an excellent way to stoke interest in your own blog. With every comment, you can link back to your website or social media accounts. Plus, you’ll set yourself up as someone who appreciates the work of other people. Ultimately, you’ll build relationships which can only help you in your career. Lastly, by reading other blogs, you’ll get inspiration for your own!
2. Only use high quality photos. From your profile image to the infographics, visual quotes, and photos you use within your content, don’t post any image if it’s not of high quality. Plus, this makes it easy for people to share your content on Pinterest.
3. When you do upload those great photos, make sure to name them. Images appear in Google search results and using SEO in your image names will help with page rank.
4. Encourage people to comment. Include a call-to-action at the end of each blog post, asking for feedback. You can also add polls to your blog.
5. Monitor your comment. From getting rid of spam comments to responding to genuine readers, it’s important to stay connected and in-the-know about what’s happening on your blog.
6. Organize the categories that show up in the blog’s sidebar. People will use those categories to search for content on your blog. If it’s disorganized, people won’t find what they’re looking for, which means they won’t stay on your website for as long as possible.
7. Put work into each blog post’s headline. Not only does it need to be SEO-friendly, but it also has to be enticing to readers. After all, if you can’t attract readers with the headline, there’s no way they’ll click on it to actually read your content!
Don’t be turned off by the number of blogs out there. There’s enough room on the Internet for everyone! The blogging community is a close one, which means other bloggers are likely to become huge supporters.
1 thought on “7 Tips for Bloggers”
These are good tips. I’ve been known to put up images that weren’t high quality because they best represented what I was talking about. It always feels off to do that though because I know that’s
(the poor image quality) what people are going to notice or remember.