I found myself sitting at my daughter’s cheer practice as the other parents started to say how one game was cancelled and another practice was cancelled but I had no clue. When I asked how they knew, their reply was that it was on the Shutterfly Group page for our cheerleaders. This is a group that I don’t usually log into for I get email notifications, well apparently I do not get an email notification when the group calendar events have been cancelled or edited. This is where I realized there was going to be an issue. I wanted to know how I could import my Shutterfly Calendar into my Google Calendar as that is what I use from my iPhone.
While I do not believe importing my Shutterfly Group Calendar into Google will automatically update edits, this is something I will only find out if the Coach edits any current September dates/events, I am still able to have the current dates in my iPhone while I am on the road at soccer and cheer practices or while I am on the road making appointments for the children. Having the schedule in my iPhone really helps me to stay on track. I am a scatter brain with all I have to be responsible for, so having any way to keep better organized, I am game!
If you are like and found yourself wondering how can I import my Shutterfly Group Calendar into my Google Calender, this is how to do it:
- Click the options drop down menu, located in the upper right side of your calendar in Shutterfly.
- Click the Export Calendar button.
- You will be prompted to save the file, for me the webpage gave an “error loading” but the file still popped up for me to click to save it to my laptop.
- This means you have now exported your current Shutterfly Group Calendar onto your laptop or PC.
How do I import my Shutterfly Group Calender into Google Calender:
- Open your Google Calender and beside the “Other calendars” area you will see a little drop down arrow.
- Within the drop down menu you will see an “import calendar” option, click that.
- You can then find your Shutterfly Calendar file within your files on laptop/pc and click it.
- Google Calender will then ask if you want to add this as a new calender or sync with a current one. Choose which fits what you want. I wanted it to be added to my name calendar as it’s a personal calendar I was importing, not a client’s calendar.
- That is all, now you have successfully transferred your current Shutterfly Group Calender into your Google Calendar.
I do not believe by importing a Shutterfly Group Calendar into your Google Calendar means it will sync up when there are changes, so remember to check your Shutterfly Group page often and when there are changes import the calendar again following the above steps.