Mini vans are the vehicle of choice for many families. Although there are many choices today, mini vans tend to say “Children on Board” to other drivers. Although most of the major automakers make best minivans for families, people want a short list of safe models with comparatively good gas mileage.
Best Minivans for Families: A real source of comfort
The Kia Sedona, Toyota Sienna, and Honda Odyssey mini vans offer families many of the latest features and conveniences, good safety ratings, and competitive gas mileage. Depending on your budget and preferences, there are a variety of mini vans to choose from. It’s important to factor in regular maintenance into the cost of owning a family mini van. Since it’s important to keep your car in good shape, you may want to consider these costs as part of the purchase price.
Four Legends as the Best Minivans for Families
Followings are the four luxurious minivans your family is sure to buy one of them and feel proud of it round the year.
Nissan Pathfinder 2019
The legendary Nissan Pathfinder 2019 offers better possibilities for endless adventures with its rugged design and plenty of power upfront. With all the available advanced technologies, this one of the best minivans for families also presents an easy access to all the seven passengers.
Most Appealing Specs include:
It possesses 3.5 lit Direct Injection Gasoline DOHC 24-valve V6 engine. With Tri Zone Automatic Temperature Control System and Automatic Braking System, this minivan appeals to every member of the family. Having EZ Flex seating system with the 2nd row 60/40 split fold-flat bench seat featuring latch and glide, this minivan becomes the love of the whole family. Besides, it also boasts of the 3rd row 50/50 split fold-flat reclining bench seat.
Technologies like Intelligent Cruise Control and Rear Cross Traffic Alert enable you to enjoy driving more confidently and conveniently. Innovative Motion Activated lift-gate and the entertainment for the whole crew are other excellent additional features of this one of the best minivans for families.
Minivan reviewers include the Kia Sedona in a short list of the safest minivans today. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gives Kia Sedona good ratings for side, front, and rear end impact tests. The Kia Sedona mini van was also given consistently good reviews (9.7/10) by U.S. News and World Report. Some benefits of the Kia Sedona include:
• The Kia Sedona rear view mirror is part of the standard package this year.
• It’s roomy and reviewers report that the interior is comfortable and luxurious.
• The Kia seats seven to eight passengers.
• City mileage is about 17-18 and highway miles range from 22-25 mpg.
• The Kia’s maximum cargo capacity is 142 cu.ft.
For families who enjoy taking longer trips all year round, the Kia Sedona’s front cabin, full center console, and driver-friendly dash calls to mind a crossover SUV. Front-wheel drive can add extra safety to this one of the best minivans for families. A 100,000 mile/10 year drivetrain warranty can help keep the Kia Sedona family mini van in service for years to come.
It’s also possible to choose from two different second row designs: 1) an easy lounge-style includes sleeper headrests and footrests; 2) the second slider-row style makes it easy to remove the seats or slides them forward to make more cargo space.
The Toyota Sienna mini van gets a five-star rating from Car and Driver. It’s good combined mileage—about 19-21 mpg in city and highway—is important to families shuttling children to and from school, activities, and sports events in town and essential when the family wants to take longer day trips and vacations.
Some of Toyota Sienna’s key features include:
- The Toyota Sienna is roomy and seats eight passengers.
- Also, second row seating slides to offer more legroom and versatility for transporting larger or longer items.
- There’s plenty of cargo room: the maximum capacity is 150 cu.ft.
- Furthermore, owners can choose from front wheel drive (FWD) and all-wheel drive (AWD) versions. At the moment, Sienna is the only mini van with AWD.
- Again,Toyota Sienna’s government crash rating is five-stars.
- Besides, Toyota offers a five year or 60,000 miles drivetrain warranty on the Toyota Sienna.
Like the Kia Sedona, the second row offers reclining captain chairs that older children like. What’s more, Toyota Sienna’s infotainment and climate control systems are a big hit with passengers.
Moreover, Toyota reports that Sienna’s improved body, steering, and suspension add to driver and passenger comfort and experience. That is why reviewers say the high quality interior is comparable to more expensive mini vans on the market.
Reviewers consistently rank the Honda Odyssey as one of the best minivans for sale in the United States. Its excellent fuel economy (22 mpg-combined), room cargo space (148.5 cu.ft.), and five-star government crash rating are frequently cited as some of the reasons families like the Honda Odyssey.
Here are more of the reasons buyers choose the Honda Odyssey:
- The Odyssey seats eight passengers.
- Also, a five year or 60,000 mi. drivetrain warranty keeps the Odyssey on the road for families.
- Again,the middle seat of the second row is removable, so it’s easy for passengers to pass through the vehicle.
- Captain’s chairs offer comfort and luxury.
- Additionally, an integrated cleaning system—with a vacuum—is available. That’s great for parents who want to keep it clean in the mini van.
- Besides, the entertainment system’s screen is wider than competitors.
Although some reviewers say the cabin and controls aren’t at the level of Toyota’s Sienna, and that the Odyssey isn’t quite as sleek as the Kia Sedona, drivers in search of a reliable minivan like the Odyssey.