Breakfast, to me, is the best moment to make memories with the family and to start your day off right! On the week days I can be found making fried egg sandwiches or scrambled eggs so that the kids get a great start before school. On the weekends I can get more crafty or do something that takes a bit longer to cook up, so I thought I would share a couple of breakfast ideas that have been a family favorite here in this household.
Sausage, Egg and Cheese Scrambler
- 1 package of breakfast Sausage links, fully cooked and cut into small slices.
- 1 small package of shredded cheese, in your favorite flavor option.
- 6-12 Eggs, depending upon how many people you are cooking for.
- Milk, enough to mix with eggs for scrambled egg style.
Cook up the sausage and cut into slices.
Mix up the eggs with milk as you would to make scrambled eggs.
Start cooking the scrambled egg mixture in a skillet that is big enough to hold the cheese and sausage link slices.
Slowly add in the sausage links, then shredded cheese until it is a good balance of egg, sausage and cheese.
Cook until the eggs are thoroughly cooked up.
Serve with toast and a cup of juice. Enjoy
French Toast Sticks
- Slice pieces of bread into four long sticks; need enough for number of people you are serving.
- Maple Syrup
- Eggs & Milk mixed together; amount depends on number serving, start small & make more as needed.
- Butter (optional)
Each slice of bread can be cut into four long sticks, place them on a plate to have at hand for skillet.
Mix up the eggs & milk as if you were creating scrambled eggs and have near the bread for quicker cooking.
Dip each stick of bread into the egg & milk mixture so that it is fully coated.
Place sticks of bread one by one onto a heated up skillet after dipping into the egg & milk mixture.
Heat until browned on both sides.
When all cooked up, place on plates and serve with maple syrup and butter, if you like, over them. Serve with a cup of your favorite juice. Enjoy!