Raising children is not an easy task. One would think the older they get, the easier it gets but as a mother of two young boys and one girl heading into the tween years I say some areas of parenting become more difficult with age. Here are 10 things I will want or do want all children to know, including my own:
- Failure is having the courage to try something new & realizing that not everyone has the courage to try something new. You are courageous in your efforts.
- A smile can brighten even the most grumpy of people in the world, even yourself on a grumpy day.
- Be kind to your neighbors and friends, one never knows when trouble will hit and you may need their shoulder to lean on.
- Realize that mean people have deep emotional issues that are not your responsibility to understand nor heal. Be compassionate & kind.
- Be kindest to those who appear to be your enemy for that will make you a stronger, better person than them in the long run.
- Hug your siblings daily and never let a moment go by without letting loved ones know how you feel. Life is not a guarantee from one day to the next.
- Try your hardest, do your best and never let anyone tell you that your best isn’t good enough.
- Realize making mistakes is okay in life and use them as something to learn from, not something to regret.
- Never spend a moment allowing others to make you feel negative. One can only make you feel the way you allow them to make you feel.
- Keep your head up. Realize that you are loved. Realize that you are beautiful, that you are handsome and no one can take that self confidence away from you.
I love you my children.
All children deserve to hear positive praise. All children deserve to have more positive attention than negative. Let your child know today that they are amazing and that they can be whatever they dream to be.