I am not sure if you are familiar with the website Generation Cures, but in September of last year I share the website with my readers, you can visit the blog post Generation Cures: Nate’s Challenge to learn more. Today I am writing to share some exciting news with you all as well as offer a giveaway for Zebrafish. This is an extension of an online animated series by the same name developed specially for Generation Cures and came out in Spring published by Simon & Schuster.
First I will let you all know that since introducing my daughter to Generation Cures in September of 2009 she continues to play on the website knowing that it means she is helping other children. Miss Ki will often tell friends and family about Generation Cures and the purpose. I feel it fitting that I take a moment to share a bit about Generation Cures, and since it is a movement of a hospital about 2 hours away from me, I can say it hits home for this New England blogger!
ABOUT GENERATION CURES
Generation Cures, a philanthropic movement of Children’s Hospital Boston founded in May 2008, inspires kids to help cure other kids, through engagement on their own terms by way of Hospital fundraising programs, local fundraising activities and digital media – to care about others, to believe they can make a difference and to mobilize their families to help find cures for the world’s most debilitating childhood diseases.
GENERATION CURES RECEIVES AWARDS
- “Website of the Year” by Mom’s Choice Awards, which recognize excellence in family-friendly media, products and services.
- “Kid Zui Seal,” from the leading kids’ web browser KidZui, given by a review board of 200-plus teachers and parents.
- Gold Davey Awards, honoring creative excellence, out-of-the-box thinking and exceptional execution.
- Parents’ Choice Awards: Fall 2009 website.
Zebrafish is a book published by Simon & Schuster that arrived in bookstores this spring. An extension of an online animated series by the same name developed specially for Generation Cures, Zebrafish– named after the small, yet powerful, transparent fish used for studying disease– tells the story of friends who form a rock band. The tween garage band uses music to make a difference and encourages kids everywhere to change the world. Their first concert is a fundraiser for the hospital that treats their bandmate with leukemia. Zebrafish has already been endorsed by the Junior Library Guild and American Library Association for kids in middle grades.
ENTER TO WIN A COPY OF ZEBRAFISH
Giveaway starts today and ends on August 18, 2010. I reserve the right to delete, without notice, any comment not following the rules set forth below. Winner will be randomly chosen using Random.org and contacted directly via email as well as announced live on site within 3 days of giveaway ending. Please leave one comment for each completed entry, as one comment will be counted as one entry.
- Visit Generation Cures and tell me in a comment below what you like best about their site.
- Follow @generationcures and @brandyellen on Twitter.
- Tweet about this giveaway up to three times per day to @generationcures and @brandyellen including the link to this giveaway in your tweet.
- “Like” Generation Cures on Facebook.
- Follow Happily Blended through Google Friend Connect (right hand side bar – Happy Friends).
- Subscribe to Happily Blended’s newsletter (right hand side bar has the link for sign up).
- Subscribe to Happily Blended’s blog via email or RSS (right hand side bar has the links for sign up).
- Share this post on your blog by writing a post including a link to Generation Cures (http://www.generationcures.org) and Happily Blended Giveaways (https://happilyblended.com/category/giveaways).
- Stumble this giveaway on StumbleUpon, leave your StumbleUpon username in your comment below.
Good luck and have fun entering!