Carbon Monoxide Detector – Much Needed Home Item

When I moved into the home I am currently living in, the one thing that was missing was a carbon monoxide detector, you see I have always had one in each of the places I have lived because it’s called the silent killer. You can not smell, taste nor touch carbon monoxide. At least with smoke or fire you can smell it, taste it, etc same goes with propane, you can smell that from a mile away, stinky stuff.

Most homes I visit seem to be up to par with having fire detectors but it’s very rare I see other families with carbon monoxide detectors installed in their homes, dangerous. Honestly, I have heard the older the home, the higher risk of needing one of these bad boys.  When I purchased my previous home, which I no longer own, I was sure to get a carbon monoxide detector because that house was built in 1945 and being an old home I wasn’t too sure how great of a system it had in it for filtering out such dangers as carbon monoxide.

The signs of carbon monoxide poisoning can be headaches, dizziness, sleepiness and more, which could lead to death. There are many options for a carbon monoxide detector and they look very similar to a smoke detector, some are even a combination of smoke and carbon monoxide. Be sure to visit your local store and ensure that you get a carbon monoxide detector installed in your home as soon as possible. Read all of the directions and if all else fails contact your local fire station to find out where is the best place to have your carbon monoxide detector in the home.

Every home should be equipped with both smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, there’s no such thing as being “too safe” or “too cautious”.

Do you have a carbon monoxide detector in your home?

I do. Yes. I do, two to be exact.

 
Check out the post right here to find out how to get one for your home.
 

 

CLOSED FlameDisk Giveaway

FlameDisk with Burgers and Dogs Today I am so excited to continue along in featuring another great product that I get to giveaway to one lucky reader, the FlameDisk. Missed my review post? Well below you will see the link and it serves as one extra entry when you read it, so don’t worry you will be able to read it.

Created by SoloGear, FlameDisk is a product that puts off as much heat as charcoal but without the hassle.  FlameDisk is convenient in that it offers easy transportation, storage and clean up.  This is a safe product that emits 99 percent less carbon monoxide than charcoal and after grilling has no lingering, dangerous hot coals. Made from recyclable materials, the FlameDisk features clean-burning renewable bio-fuel with no petroleum or fossil fuel components. One FlameDisk provides plenty of cooking time for at least two rounds of most foods and cooks at about the same rate of charcoal.

Continue reading →

SEO Powered by Platinum SEO from Techblissonline