It’s official we are going to be moving, yes two adults and three children are moving. This means lots of
junk stuff will need to be packed into tiny cardboard boxes because alas that is all I have. I have a huge pile of boxes from products received that can now be put to good use as packing material. I plan to make this move a positive one and journal my tips and ideas as I think of them so that you too can make a move be a positive change rather than a stressful change. I can’t say all stress will be eliminated but I am usually pretty good at finding a way to lower the stress levels in my home which is what I plan to do with this move.
First, I am a very organized person, if I don’t know where something is I am going in circles, pulling hair out, trying to find it. I love to have a system, although my system has been altered a little bit since having three children, I still enjoy having things in their place the best we can. Here is what I plan to do:
- Go through each room of the house one at a time with boxes and trash bag.
- Label each box that is going with us on the move according to room in the house.
- Label each “garbage” bag accordingly so that I can give away for free on Freecycle or out on front lawn.
- Eliminate any and all clutter from the eight year old’s room while she is away at her Dad’s so to avoid a conflict about what “junk” really is according to Mom.
- Start packing now all the little things we need but don’t need immediately such as books, DVD’s, toys not always played with, etc etc.
- Slowly move over most of our boxes until final move day when we rent a truck to do the final big things move.
I am hoping this method will help and I am hoping to get all of the household on board with this. I must admit a couple weekends ago I was frustrated because I was all motivated to pack up the little things and go through rooms but no body else in the house was so I went through my closet and that was about it. I also have to hold off on receiving product reviews during the transition period to avoid lost packages.
This is going to be a great move we will be going from near 1000 square feet to 2000 square feet of living space, this is exciting in itself. One of our feelings about why things get so hectic between the children is that they don’t have their own space, we are always around each other, no where to hide and get away from the noise, action and craziness that leads our day to day life.
I am excited and hope you will enjoy coming along on my journey, virtually of course.