This is a very sensitive subject for many, some have a very strong opinion as to who works harder when discussing work at home mothers and those who work outside of the home. As a Mom who has been both routes in her lifetime, I feel there are pros and cons to both situations and I feel both situations you certainly work just as hard.
Pros Of Being A Work At Home Mom
- Ability to set your own schedule and work while your children are sleeping.
- Ability to attend conferences, events and more with your children whenever they occur.
- Ability to do what you love for a paycheck.
Cons Of Being A Work At Home Mom
- Not getting a consistent weekly paycheck.
- Work more hours than that of a “normal” job or career.
- Must market yourself often and be able to network with people on a daily basis.
Pros Of Being A Work Outside Of Home Mom
- Ability to have a steady work schedule.
- Ability to have a steady, reliable weekly, bi-weekly or monthly income.
- Ability to leave work when you leave the building and focus on family when you arrive at home.
Cons Of Being A Work Outside Of Home Mom
- Not as much flexibility when it comes to losing work time to attend special school events.
- Having to miss some of your child’s firsts when they happen the first time.
- When your child is sick, you lose pay if no one else can stay home with them.