Today I will discuss how to set up a blog feed that will allow your readers to subscribe to RSS feed or email updates. This is based on a question from a MomPack member named Jill who has recently started a blog for her business Lemon Treasures.
There are many programs that allow you to set up a blog feed subscription, however, I will only discuss Feedburner. Feedburner has been the best option for my personal needs and I see that many bloggers do utilize their service. Feedburner is free and relatively easy to set up.
Feedburner was purchased by Google from my understanding so if you already have a Google account this should be a fast and easy process. Simply go to www.feedburner.com and you will be ready to fill in the information. Once you fill in your blog URL the next screen will ask which feed you wish to use. I pick the RSS feed (not Atom feed).
How to set up feed and email subscrption options:
- Click on Publicize tab, scroll down to Email Subscriptions.
- Click on Email Subscriptions and activate the service.
- You will see the HTML to copy and place within your site.
- Choose either the text link or the form box and insert into the sidebar of blog.
- Using WordPress you simply add it as a “text” widget, using Blogger you will use the “HTML” widget option.
- Setting up the RSS is even easier, simply go to the Publicize tab.
- Click on Chicklet Chooser and then pick the image you wish to use.
- Copy the HTML just as listed in steps 3-5 above.
- Voila! You are ready to have subscribers who will receive once a day free updates automatically whenever you post new content!
Looking for more traffic? Join Entrecard for free today, I will discuss this service in more detail next week. Already on Entrecard but no time to do the drops? Hire Brandy Ellen’s Business Solutions to do your drops for you!