Savory bacon. It’s a punch of flavor explosion and can bring the dullest of dishes to life and make your tastebuds dance. You know what we are talking about here, don’t you?
Crisp, succulent, flavorful bacon can be eaten by itself for breakfast, but that’s no fun. It is such a versatile ingredient to play around with that when you consider hiring a food supplier for your home or business, make sure that its an essential part of your order. Here are a few breakfast recipes with bacon that could be the best wake-up call of your day.
Bacon – Pasta Cold Salad
- 10 ounces uncooked pasta
- 5 Strips bacon
- ½ Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Ranch Salad dressing mix
- ½ Tsp Garlic powder
- ½ Tsp White pepper
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 can Kalamata olives
- 1 cup Cheddar or Feta cheese
- Cook the pasta in salted water for about 8 to 10 minutes till al dente – ie tender yet firm to the touch.
- Place a hot skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon till browned.
- Chop the bacon into pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix the salad dressing – Mayonnaise, Ranch dressing mix, garlic and pepper and stir until combined. Add in the milk till the consistency is smooth but not drippy.
- Add in the olives, tomatoes, bacon, cheese and pasta. Stir till completely coated with the creamy salad dressing.
- Store in refrigerator for about an hour and serve chilled.
Bacon – Cinnamon Rolls
It’s the perfect marriage of flavors, a layer of sweet cinnamon goodness and another layer of tantalizing bacon. Sweet and salt and sweet and salt and… you get the picture.
1 can Pillsbury Grands! cinnamon rolls with icing (5 count)
5 bacon strips
- Fry your bacon strips in a pan and cool them.
- Unroll the cinnamon rolls carefully on the countertop.
- Place the bacon strips on top and roll it up again.
- Grease a pie-pan and place the rolls in them, keeping them sealed so that they don’t unwrap.
- Bake according to the instructions on the back of the packaging
And..that is it. If done right, your room will now smell delicious. Bite into the sweet-salty rolls and go straight to food heaven.
Paninis are sandwiches grilled to perfection. Crisp, with those beautiful grilled lines on the outside, soft gooey warm stuffing on the inside. What’s not to like? Enough with sloppy, overfilled, drippy sandwiches that ruin your blouse. A panini is chic and compact and about 10 times more delicious than its plain sandwich counterpart.
- Whole Wheat Bread – 4 Slices
- Bacon – 4 Strips
- Cheese – 1 ounce
- Milk – A splash
- Eggs – 2
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add a few dashes of salt and pepper and whisk them well till frothy.
- Heat a skillet and fry bacon till crisp. You can use the oven if you prefer, but the skillet is more convenient in that you can use the bacon fat while frying your eggs.
- Dry the bacon on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Now turn the heat to medium and pour the egg mixture into the same skillet. It’s important to keep the temperature low in order to prevent the eggs from browning unevenly. Add a splash of milk and a dollop of butter and stir well. The milk and butter will give a creamy texture to the scrambled eggs.
- When the eggs have come together and are fairly set, turn off the stove.
- Butter the bread slices and place one on the bottom plate of the Panini press.
- Layer with a generous helping of the scrambled egg.
- Place the bacon strips on top of the eggs and place the other slice over it, butter side up, then close the panini press.
- Wait for a few minutes and check if done.
And voila! You’ll have a beautifully patterned, compact Panini. The flavors and textures will have combined inside the crisp shell, giving it a particular explosive flavor as you bite into it. Few other things can be as pleasurable as biting into a freshly-pressed Panini!
There you go. Three decadent, indulgent but simple bacon-filled breakfast recipes to start your day with a bang. Dig into your bacon breakfast and hail the pig — because everything’s better with bacon on it.
Image by pexels.com