A smart collection of fundraising ideas is hard to come across despite how important it is for success. Here are some great ideas on how to raise extra money for your needs:
This might be one of the oldest ways to raise money, but it works when done right. Its simplicity has helped it to stand the test of time. The following suggestions will come in handy when planning a bake sale:
- Do not generalize – the easiest way to fail is by organizing an ordinary bake sale. Instead, you should specialize in one product and find a special tagline for your fundraiser. Some people have had plenty of success by selling lemonade only.
- Get foot traffic – it would be a great idea to organize your sale during a large event such as a carnival. However, you should not expect strangers to make your sale successful. Promote your event by posting flyers and launching social media campaigns. Once you have a crowd of supporters, they will attract even more people.
This is another idea that has been given the label “boring”. However, you can turn your yard sale into a success with the following tips:
- Know your audience – look at the stuff that you want to sell and create a profile of your ideal customer. If you are selling china and crocheted sweaters, you are catering to an older and conservative crowd. On the other hand, if you are selling old video games, your customers will be younger people in their twenties.
- Get some help – when you come up with a theme, ask your friends to donate things that they no longer use. Collaborating will add to the items, attracting more buyers.
- Pay attention to detail – on the day of the sale, turn your garage or yard into a fun place by playing some music and providing refreshments. Moreover, you should organize your merchandise and put labels on items.
Not all fundraisers have to be stiff. You will connect more with people through fun and humor. The following ideas will help you to have a fun fundraiser:
- Rewards – motivate donors to give money by giving them unconventional rewards when they donate. For instance, you can give embarrassing baby pictures to each person who donates more than 50 dollars.
- Set mini-goals – these goals do not have to be serious; make them silly to increase the fun. For instance, you can promise to shave your head once you raise a certain amount of money.
- Protection – this silly fundraising idea can protect donors from something they do not want to happen. For instance, you can promise to teepee your neighbor’s house unless he or she pays a protection fee. Make sure that people understand this is a joke.
Organize a marathon or something-a-thon that will interest people. Physical challenges are a good way to rally donors behind your cause. Here are some ideas for getting physical:
- Be inventive – do you have an odd talent that fascinates people? People will donate money to see it. For instance, if you can hold your breath for long, ask people to donate a dollar for every ten seconds that you do it.
- Play to your strengths – if you are a hiker, you can set a climbing goal to ascend a steep mountain and get sponsors to donate to your cause.
Nowadays, fundraising is about pushing boundaries and doing something that has not been done before. Just make sure that you have fun and enjoy yourself.
Title: Super-Connector at OutreachMama
Wendy is a super-connector with OutreachMama and Youth Noise NJ who helps businesses find their audience online through outreach, partnerships, and networking. She frequently writes about the latest advancements in digital marketing and focuses her efforts on developing customized blogger outreach plans depending on the industry and competition. You can contact her on Twitter.