With the arrival of Fall comes the idea of pumpkins and apples. In the Happily Blended household we usually venture off apple picking. Wellwood Orchards in Springfield, VT is our go to for New England style apple picking. Last year we picked something like 20lbs of apples and plan to do the same this year. Once have completed the apple picking adventure, I always want to try out new recipe ideas. With that being said, I am going to share how to make Apple, Walnut & Blue Cheese Bruschetta with you all …
Apple, Walnut & Blue Cheese Bruschetta
- 1 Red Apple
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 2 Mini French Baguette
- 2-3 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Slices Blue Cheese (crumbled)
- 10-15 Pcs. Walnuts (chopped)
- Cold water with ½ Tsp Salt or club soda (for soaking apples)
How to Make Apple, Walnut & Blue Cheese Bruschetta
- Wash apples with ice cold water. Slice thinly, removing seeds. As you slice, immediately drop to cold water-salt mixture to prevent from browning. Opt for club soda when available.
- Pre-heat over toaster, dual mode. Using oven toaster in faster than individually toasting in a pan. If you’re creating a large batch, an oven would be better.
- Slice mini french baguette into ¾ inches or 1 inch. Pop onto the oven toaster for about 2 to 3 minutes or until desired golden color is achieved.
- Take off excess water from apples and lay them on a lined tray with foil. Drizzle with honey. Place in the oven toaster for about 4 to 5 minutes. If you want crunchy apples, omit this process.
- Arrange toasted baguette on your platter. Put apples, chopped walnuts and top with blue cheese. Drizzle with honey.
Last and certainly not least … go enjoy this with your family! May you love this Apple, Walnut & Blue Cheese Bruschetta recipe and use it as an appetizer to entertain guests.
If you want another recipe idea, why not try apple and peanut butter snacks for the kids! This is a great snack idea for back to school season.