As I watched my family sink slowly down the tubes with lack of exercise and nutrition, I yearned to find a way to work in real food for the kids as well as myself. The day had come when I realized I was catering to my youngest child, he is after all the pickiest eater of the bunch. Catering to my son went against all that I firmly believe in, that you must try whatever is served. As time went on and my personal life got a bit hectic, as happens with anyone, catering to my picky eater just seemed easier than actually dealing with the problem at hand.
That’s when I made a change; I decided to venture back onto the path of parenthood that I believed in especially as it pertained to having kids eat what is served. Today I am sharing with you the best Italian meatballs for picky eaters as this is the first food I was able to get my picky eater to try, and enjoy!
The Best Italian Meatballs for Picky Eaters
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Serves: Approximately 6 people
- 1 ½ tsp minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Diced dried onion
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 whole eggs
How to Make The Best Italian Meatballs for Picky Eaters
- Soak bread crumbs in milk for about 20 minutes. Cover your baking sheet with tinfoil and lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- Mix beef with all other ingredients, to include the soaked bread crumbs. Use a rubber spatula to make this process easier.
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Form your meatballs using wet hands into balls of about ½ diameter.
- Arrange onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the best Italian meatballs for picky eaters to ensure meat has been cooked thoroughly. Your meatballs should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Feel free to serve this with spaghetti sauce over pasta, a side of green veggies and some garlic bread to make a complete family meal.