With a five week gap between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day it only seems appealing to refer to this time period as Family Month. During the month of May into June, during that transition of Mother’s Day into Father’s Day you start to exhibit the feelings of family connection. This is also the time when Summer is just around the corner, a lovely month of feeling happiness and excitement of the anticipated weather changes.
Back in 1882, Family Month started as a tradition for many to gather with their family and spend more time with children. This is a month of focus on family bond and togetherness, after all when the day is over family is who has your back always. Celebrating Family Month during this five week stretch is the perfect way to reconnect with those who you cherish the most; your children.
Activities to Do During Family Month
- Eat Breakfast in your Pajamas while watching cartoons. Children love it when their parents can be one with them, so why not enjoy a bit of pajama breakfast time over their favorite cartoons.
- Go for a family bike ride, gather up those bikes and hit the bike trail to get active together as a family. Don’t have a local bike trail? Head off to take a nature walk on a local hiking path.
- Test your Mini-Golf Skills, get out there and practice your skills at mini-golf with the family, this makes for loads of giggles and family re-connection time.
- Have a Family Dinner and movie night, gather up the troops and create a family dinner and movie night where you eat in the living room and enjoy a family friendly movie together.
- Play Board Games together, we enjoy a good game of Chess, Monopoly Empire, Battleship and Operation just to name a few games that are popular for us.
- Enjoy delicious desserts, Shari’s Berries has a wide selection of chocolate covered fruit, cheesecake and other items readily available for a special family month dessert.
How We Celebrate Family Every Day
As a Happily Blended family unit we thrive to make family time important, from day one I have read to the kids and taken time to make them understand they are a priority in my life. This goes without speaking that we enjoy a weekly Family Friday Night together, where I sleep in the living room on mattresses and we watch two movies and have a pizza dinner. One night we involved the delicious treats of Shari’s Berries Dipped Cheesecake Trio and Full Dozen Swizzled Strawberries. There are many ways you can celebrate family without worrying about the five week span between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, do tell me —
What do you do to celebrate Family Every Day?