Mother’s Day is a time to reflect upon motherhood, to soak in the joy that has you at this title of Mom. Being a Mom is an amazing job that comes with rewards that surpass your expectations. These days of motherhood I am found raising a teenager, an autistic child and a hyperactive child – it’s a bit of happy chaos to say the least.
As I sit and reflect upon my days of motherhood, I really can’t put into words what it means to be a mother, but I will try. There are times my patience wears thing, when you are raising two boys for two weeks straight before having a solid break, it can be trying. I am new to figuring out this boy raising gig, even though they are nearly 8 and 10 years of age. Every day is a new experience with these boys of mine.
The next challenge I face on a regular is dealing with the teenage years and we are only in the first year, she will be 14 in October, wow time has flown. I won’t write a lot about what goes on behind the scenes, but let’s just say the teen years are proving to be a time when a sense of humor and my ability to rise above the ever changing moods of these teen years is coming in handy. On another note, watching my teen grow into her own person, sharing her views about life and just listening to her talk is my favorite way to end the days I have with her.
If you are struggling with finding that joy in motherhood, because you are worn thin or the challenges simply seem like too much, hang in there! Rough times pass and memories last … here are a few reasons why I think being a Mom rocks and you should too:
- You Get to Be a Kid Again – motherhood allows you to get in touch with your inner child and share those memories with your kids.
- You Are In Charge – no matter how difficult your kids are being, you are now the boss of the household so what you say stands.
- You Can Relive Moments – if you have a special activity, toy or movie from your childhood, you get to relive it by passing on those moments to your own kids.
- You Learn New Things – I cannot even begin to tell you what my kids teach me, but seriously you will learn a lot in the days of raising kids.
- You Get Paid in Hugs & Kisses – what better job could you have that allows you to get payment in hugs & kisses?
Being a Mom is surely the most rewarding job any person can hold, it allows you to hold a special place in another human beings heart forever and ever. Today, I want you to take a moment to be grateful for your job of Mom; no matter how hard it is, no matter what challenges you are facing, remember that this too shall pass and what you will be left with is some amazing memories that you will grow old with.
Happy Mother’s Day to all of the Mom’s out there, but most importantly?
Happy Mother’s Day to my Mom for I can’t ever comprehend what she went through becoming a Mom to me at 15, but I can say confidently that I know in my heart she has and will always do the best she can to be my Mom. I love you Mom.