You may be buried in four feet of snow with the cold and dark stopping you from going outside, but instead of simply doing your best to get through the shortest month of the year, here are 5 reasons why you should be celebrating February, the month that everyone loves to hate.
- You Get to Stay in and Cozy Up – While part of you may be getting cabin fever, there’s another part that secretly relishes the opportunity to stay in on the couch and watch Netflix to your heart’s content. It may be cold and dark outside, but who cares when you’re caught up in the latest episode of Revenge or The Black List?
- The Super Bowl – Could there be a better combination than parties and watching men play football? Even if you’re not interested in football, you have those spectacular commercial breaks offering anything from soda and beer to powerstep insoles and running shoes. What better chance to delight in (and marvel at) the $4 million dollars that went into 30 seconds. It’s also a great chance to catch up with friends you haven’t seen for a while due to winter hibernating.
- Valentine’s Day – What’s not to love about red roses, sickly sweet love songs and chocolate covered hearts? Loads? Well, even if you don’t celebrate the international day for lovers, take heart as February 14th is still an awesome day – You’re officially halfway through February already!
- Ski Season – If you’re a fan of the slopes, February is a great time to go, with off-peak rates and fewer crowds, on some days you may even feel like the slopes are all to yourself. Going on a ski weekend or short holiday is a great chance to enjoy the outdoors. Make sure you take the right equipment though, especially if you’ve been lax on your exercise routine over the winter. A good pair of spenco insoles in your boots will work wonders in preventing foot pain and stiff joints.
- Presidents’ Day – Let’s get to the best point about February; February 15th, Washington’s birthday (more importantly, a day off work!) Take the chance on this patriotic day to spend some quality time with your friends or family. Take a day away from the computer and turn off your IPhone for a few hours. We don’t get many holidays in a year, so make the most of this one.
And if none of the above reasons are enough to convince you that February’s not as bad as it’s made out to be, then remember that the best part about this time of year is that it’s over faster than the others. Before you know it, March will be here; spring break, daylight savings and the promise of summer evenings on the patio wearing your favorite oofos sandals.
Michael Peggs is the founder of content marketing agency and SEO agency Marccx Media, where they specialize in SEO and Content Marketing. Before Marcxx, Peggs worked at Google in business development, forming digital media and advertising partnerships. He is also a blogger and podcaster, hosting the iTunes Top 10 New & Noteworthy podcast You University – The Personal Branding Podcast.