Teach Kids to Make Cakes with Berries by Themselves
With a brand new year coming, my daughter said to me that she was hoping to make something on her own as one of her new year wishes. As a career woman working at new voucher and also a cooking expert at home, I finally decided to teach my daughter to make British-style cup cakes with berries on top of them, which I believe is not that hard. I hold that this cake-baking experience will not only make my daughter’s wishes come true but can also help my kid learn some traditions.
soft flour 150g
strong flour 150g
baking powder 5g
powdered sugar 140g
milk in powder 10g
cinnamon powder – certain amount
dried fruits – certain amount
tips of dried fruits: dunk the dried fruits into rum for half a day or a day for later use. You can purchase and mix & match the dried fruits you like such as Raisins, Dried pineapple and Dried cranberries.
1. Whip up the cream and fold in powdered sugar.
2. Add flour and milk in powder and mix them up.
3. Whip up the dough until it turns white and then add 3 eggs and some amounts of water adjusting the moisture.
4. Add fruit grains and cinnamon powder to what you have made.
5. Put proper amount of dough into the mold and place it in 180 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
After this teaching, I start to think make it a monthly thing with a variety of dessert making or cuisine cooking. For one thing, it is interesting and for another it will enhance the feelings between the two generation. Seek for some sort of fun and spend more time with your kids now!