Daughters have a tendency to grow into young women all too soon. While they will always be your little girl, dolls and cuddly toys quickly come off the gift wish list to be replaced by clothes, shoes, jewellery and cosmetics.
Is your little girl starting to grow up? If she is and you are stuck for ideas about what to buy her for Christmas this year then you might like to consider these ideas:
- Charm bracelet – a great choice for of all ages. For younger girls the sterling silver charm bracelet from the Little Wishes collection will make the perfect gift. The beautiful bracelet will hold any of the lovely charms like the Silver Ballet Shoes, Silver Ice Cream, Silver Bumblebee and Silver Rabbit.
The Lovelinks range is diverse and offers something special for everyone and Biba’s sophisticated range are perfect for a more mature recipient. Charm bracelets also give you the opportunity to continue buying charms as gifts on special occasions in the future.
- An experience – sometimes the best thing you could buy your daughter is a memory. Taking her to a West End show or a concert is a fun and thoughtful way to celebrate over the holidays. Other experiences that make the perfect girl include spa breaks, beauty parlour vouchers or a fine dining meal with the family. A day or night on the town is an especially great choice for larger families where one-on-one time can be hard to come by.
- Pendant necklace – Pendants look gorgeous on girls of all ages and often come in sets with matching earrings. These sets are perfect for Christmas and can be worn both separately and as a pair. The Heart Locket pendant from Little Wishes is perfect for younger girls while your adolescent daughter will be thrilled to receive simple yet elegant necklaces from Swarovski or Michael Kors. As your daughter ages, pear pendants or diamonds will be welcomed additions to their jewellery boxes.
- Art – canvasses, photographs or paintings are a special way to say happy holidays this season. This is true for girls of all ages because the range of artwork available is extensive. For a younger girl, consider creating canvass out of their favourite photograph or a snap of the family. As daughters enter their early twenties and begin to venture out on their own, there is not always a budget for decorating. Many brands currently sell affordable prints or graphic art that can lighten up their flat.
- Watch. A watch is a wonderful gift for any daughter and there are so many to choose from that you are sure to find one to suit at a price you can afford. The Baby-G ladies watch is a chunky watch that the active girl will love and Ice-Watch has a collection of fun, colourful and inexpensive watches. There are also sophisticated, elegant watches at modest prices from manufacturers like Citizen, Michael Kors, Vivian Westwood and Chanel.
Jewellery, experiences and artwork are perfect Christmas gifts for your daughter or daughters irrespective of their ages. Little Wishes has a great collection that is just right for younger girls, while for older girls there are a range of brands and styles available that will be sure to make your special little girl happy.
Anna Adams is a blogger on fashion and shopping.