The month is June, the time is near Summer and with that comes the wonderful school break season. The kids will all be home from school wanting Mama to keep them occupied, entertained and well fed. You know the season, one in which can be total chaos of having children who thrived on the demands school requested of them all school year into the season of a carefree Summer being home with Mama full time. With this time of year comes headaches, not only induced by the dilemma of keeping kids occupied, on a schedule and well fed but the heat. The Summer heat can be quite exhausting in itself leaving a Mom with a headache the size of an over sized pizza pie or larger.
Are you familiar with the Summer time headaches? I wonder if you can feel the pain about to come this Summer?
Your Summer doesn’t have to be full of headaches and juggling the children to find how to properly entertain them in a way the school system can. You can have relief and with that comes some ideas I put together to avoid headache-ville in combination with some tips from Kathy Kaehler, Fitness Expert:
- Avoid Dehydration – Keep your skin moisturized with a lotion, I personally do this each day after shaving my legs. Keep your body up with fluids that actually work with your body to hydrate it as opposed to beverages such as caffeine, soda and alcohol.
- Have a Flexible Workout Routine – Daily exercise increases your happiness, seriously, it does. Those little hormones inside of your mind that work to keep your happy, are what increase when you exercise. During hot Summer months try to move your exercise routine around during the cooler parts of the day, such as in the morning.
- Create a Poster Board with Daily Schedule – Both parents and children can thrive on having a routine set forth for the Summer. Create a simple poster board that outlines the times each day that meals and snack will be served as well as other outings so that you can avoid the Summer headaches from antsy children.
- Avoid Light – Sunshine shining down is a great feeling, but too much of it can create a headache stemming from your eyes adjusting to such light. I prefer to wear sunglasses all year round but if you do not wear them all year round, be sure to wear sunglasses and/or a baseball cap or visor to help avoid eye contact with the sun and to keep your body cooler.
- Sometimes Headache Medicine Is just What you Need – I can’t always avoid my headaches, especially during the summer; so when I get one, I take Excedrin® Extra Strength to help get me get back on track.
Did you Know that ….
- Excedrin® is a trusted brand with more than 50 years’ experience providing effective headache relief.
- Excedrin® Extra Strength is a combination pain reliever – acetaminophen/aspirin/caffeine – that provides temporary relief of headaches. Use only as directed.
Want to win a prize package for the Summer that will help keep you cool and hopefully keep headaches away? If yes, Read on…
One person who uses the Rafflecopter form below will be randomly chosen as the winner for the below prize package items:
Branded gym/beach bag: With compartments for water bottles, towels and all types of gear, this versatile bag is perfect for use at the gym or on the beach. In addition, we can brand this bag with the Excedrin logo and place the other giveaway items inside – creating a complete package.
REI MulitTowel: Weighing just 1.1 ounces, this Excedrin-green multi-use towel is perfect for post-workout use on the hottest summer days. It’s extremely portable and comes with a lightweight travel case.
Halo II Pullover Headband: Designed for use during exercise in all weather conditions, these unisex adjustable headbands wick moisture and channel sweat away from the eyes and face.
Squeeze Breeze Water Misting Fan: Small, portable and will keep you cool anywhere.
Giveaway Rules/Tidbits/Info – Giveaway starts today and is open to US only. Giveaway shall end at 12am EST on June 28, 2013. A winner shall be chosen randomly through the entrants in the Rafflecopter form below. Winner shall have 48 hours to claim prize, after being emailed & winner gets announced on site. Winner is announced live on site as well as emailed directly as soon as possible after giveaway ends. Please note; I will be moving this month (JUNE) which may cause a delay on my end announcing winners. Please bare with me.
Using the Rafflecopter form below is easy; use name/email to log in or Facebook for login. Rafflecopter will not use your email or access for anything other than giving me a way to contact you should you be the randomly chosen winner! Winner will have 48 hours to claim prize or another person will be randomly selected.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This post has been sponsored by Excedrin Extra Strength, I am a Brand Ambassador for them through the remainder of 2013 and do receive compensation as well as the possibility of products for my time. Keep your eyes peeled for more fun posts each month! All opinions are that of my own.