The debate, or rather she hoped it was a debate, started when I told my daughter she would be having cold lunches this year with the option of hot lunch from the school only once per week. There was no real debate because even though the kids know how to vote, the rule is I am boss and while I take in their opinions, I do have the final ruling or decision to make.
I recently tested out Dole Real Fruit Bites and they were so delicious and nutritious, which means the kids will surely have some of those during school snack and lunch time this year! The reason for my love of Dole Real Fruit Bites is that they combine my favorites together fruit, yogurt and whole grain oats for a real tasty treat! With most packs being 90 calories, they are not only delicious but nutritious!
A recent study showed that 73% of parents (Wakefield Research for Dole Real Fruit Bites) snack on their kids snacks, why? Because it’s quick and easy. Think about soccer nights? I Know those are the nights I would be more likely to grab a bite of my kids treats without a second thought because they are crazy busy evenings!
Here are some lunch packing ideas for your cold lunch kids that are quick, easy and nutritious –
- Add instant rice to leftover chicken or transform leftover steak into a hearty chili
- Cut sandwiches into different shapes with cookie cutters, or write a note on a napkin
- Dole Real Fruit Bites are made from real dried fruit, coated with yogurt and sprinkled with toasted whole grain oats – Kids won’t be trading this snack
- Think outside the thermos, and try freezing a yogurt cup or a juice box
- Grab snacks for your desk drawer or purse so you can have a quick bite
What are some ways you make cold lunches and snacks easier but healthy for your kids?