As I keep moving forward in the Nutrisystem program as well as my exercising program I wonder, what will happen when BBQ season starts, which sort of already has here in NH with the 90 degree weather and what happens when the alcohol and food is all over the place at get togethers that I am able to go kid free to?
Well, I am lucky … I have support! Yes, that’s right, SUPPORT! I received some tips from the PR contact for Nutrisystem on how to overcome the BBQ season and succeed in keeping the weight & inches I am losing off instead of piling them back on with extreme food consumption.
Since most of you who read are currently doing various dieting plans to get ready for Summer I thought the tips were well worth sharing with you all!
“Tips for Surviving (and Enjoying) the Summertime BBQ Season While On Nutrisystem.”
- Bring your “BBQ-esque” Nutrisystem meal of choice Nutrisystem’s Hamburgers, Chicken and Hot Dogs are great on the grill! That way you still feel part of the BBQ eating festivities while staying on program.
- Wheat rolls and buns this way you give everyone a healthier option
- Following the guidelines of your grocery guide – create a garden salad with all your favorite vegetables with various dressings on the side.
- Grill some vegetables on the BBQ a Fun way to do this and to have the kids get involved, make vegetable shish kabobs! Then all that is left to do is toss them on to the BBQ and makes a great side dish (or condiment too!).
- Try to steer away from items drenched with BBQ sauce as this will only add in extra calories and typically is high in sugar and sodium.
- Make sure to have iced water on hand Toss in some slices of citrus fruits (i.e. oranges, lime and lemons) or even cucumbers too. This makes it different and is quite refreshing!
- For dessert you can have your Nutrisystem Dessert with the group, but also have a healthy option such as fruit salad or fruit kabobs for you and your guests. The kids can even help out with making them!
As you can see most of these tips can do for those using Nutrisystem like me or those not on the program but looking for healthier eating styles during the BBQ season!
All these tips were shared to me from my Nutrisystem contact and I had permission to share but I didn’t “have” to share, simply thought this was helpful information to pass along.
What are some ideas you have for eating healthy while still having FUN?!
- Heading Into Week 3 with @nutrisystem #NSNation Update (happilyblended.com)
- Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program #NSNation (happilyblended.com)