I am so excited to be a part of the first ever Dove Self-Steem Weekend which is this coming weekend October 22 through October 24, 2010. Dove is asking you to take part in this weekend and one question is “What did you wish you’d known at 13?”.
As a mother of an eight year old daughter I am often found making sure that I encourage her to feel her best, be her best and know that she is awesome no matter what television or magazines say a female should look like or be. One thing I wish I had known at age 13 is that you do not have to show off your body to feel love. I was a young child who felt that I needed another person to make me feel loved and beautiful. I make sure every day to hug and kiss my children, to tell them I love them and to make sure above all that my daughter knows she is absolutely gorgeous and has an amazing personality to boot! Woman often have a need to feel worthy enough, we are more in tune with the emotional side to life and as a mother to two boys and one girl I have certainly seen a difference in how they react and feel about the world that surrounds them.
Information About Dove’s Self-Esteem Weekend
- Dove is uniting women across the country – individuals, partners and grassroots organizations
- Providing the next generation of women with the tools to build a positive relationship with beauty and reach their full potential
- One hour of your time makes a world of difference
- GET INVOLVED – National Partners: Participate in one of our national partner events: Girl Scouts of the USA, The Boys & Girls Club of America, Girls, Inc.
- GET INVOLVED – Local Girls Organizations: Host a self-esteem building event in your community. Register your event on our map at dovemovement.com
- GET INVOLVED – Individuals: Download free self-esteem building activities and spend an hour with a girl in your life. Register your event on our map at dovemovement.com
You may also get involved online through Twitter by tweeting how you are making a difference in a girls life and use the hashtag #Dovedifference
You can also find an event to join on Dovemovement.com
Disclosure: Dove sent me a Dove Movement bracelet to give to a special girl in my life (my daughter) as well as a couple of Dove Products to test out and use for pampering ourselves this weekend!