I love Crayola, don’t you? They are the best crayons in the whole wide world and yet they also have colored pencils and markers too, not to mention many more products. Well did you know that Crayola has started going green? Oh yes indeed, they have started to use solar power to reduce waste! As part of Crayola’s ever-evolving green initiative, this back-to-school season, Crayola is making crayons with solar power, markers from recycled bottle caps and colored pencils from reforested wood. Pretty neat, right? I know my daughter is all of a sudden interested in recycling our products or trash from home as a way to save energy and reduce waste. I have no clue where she learned it from but clearly many kids around the world are looking to help and when a big name company that kids love starts getting involved it only gives those kids ideas a leg to stand on even more!
There is new packages that you may have noticed while doing your back to school shopping, if you have even done it, I know I am slacking and haven’t yet, with only a couple weeks to spare I better go soon! The new packages from Crayola that are “green” will have special icons so that you can see that they are the “green” Crayola products. These “green” essential back to school products include:
- Crayola Markers – Thanks to new, innovative ways to manufacture Crayola markers from recycled bottle caps, “black” is the new “green!” Crayola markers will now have black barrels instead of white, which allows for more recycled plastic to be used and gives a second life to more than 1 million pounds of plastic bottle caps. Plus, switching to black barrels keeps hundreds of tons of plastic out of landfills each year. Available in 10-ct. Broadline Classic Colors, 10-ct. Broadline Assorted Colors, 10-ct. Fineline Classic Colors, 8-ct. Washable Broadline and 8-ct. Washable Fineline.
- Crayola Green 24-ct. Crayons – The quintessential school supply found in virtually every elementary classroom will be made with the power of the sun. More than 26,200 solar panels will convert sunlight into electricity, generating the energy required to make 1 billion of the 3 billion crayons Crayola makes each year, which equals 60 million 24-ct. boxes. Mother Earth will be smiling down on every forest green, pine green and jungle green crayon that rolls off the assembly line!
- Crayola Green Colored Pencils – Committed to protecting the rain forests since 1987, all Crayola colored pencils have been made from reforested wood instead of wood sourced from tropical rainforest or endangered species. For every tree used, a new tree of the same species is planted. The 12-, 24-, 36-, and 50-ct. boxes of Crayola Colored Pencils will be among the first to carry the “Eco-Evolution” callout on their packaging.
Today you can enter to win a prize package from Crayola and MyBlogSpark! What will you win? A Crayola “Green Back-to-School Essentials” prize pack that includes Crayola Green Markers, Crayola Green Crayons and Crayola Green Colored Pencil!
Giveaway starts today and will end at 11:59pm EST on September 4th
Open to U.S. Residents
HOW TO ENTER:
- Leave a comment below telling me what you like best about color green Crayola products?
- Follow @crayola and @brandyellen on Twitter. Leave a comment with your Twitter username below.
- Tweet up to three times per day including @brandyellen and #myblogspark in the tweet. Leave a link below to your tweet.
- Share this giveaway on Facebook, leave a comment with your Facebook profile name.
- Follow Happily Blended through Google Friend Connect (right hand sidebar). Leave a comment with your username.
- Subscribe to Happily Blended’s newsletter. Leave a comment telling me you did this.
- Subscribe to Happily Blended Blog Updates via RSS or Email. Leave a comment stating which way you subscribe.
Good luck and have fun entering!
Disclosure: I received the same prize package from Crayola and MyBlogSpark for free. All opinions are based on my own 100%.