I am doing a diaper pail test drive through Mom Central, and wanted to share my first post regarding the comparison between Munchkin’s Diaper Pail and The Diaper Genie. Let it be known I have two boys in diapers, one is almost four years old and the other is almost two years old. I have always dreaded changing their poopy diapers just to have them smell up my house so when I signed up for this campaign I had really hoped I would be accepted … and I was!
I first tested out the Diaper Genie and next the Munchkin. I will have a more detailed comparison in the future but for now I wanted to do some bullet points of what I have noticed so far between the different diaper pails!
The Diaper Genie Pros and Cons
- PRO: Easy to assemble.
- PRO: Push button to open the top with your foot makes for a fast diaper dump into the pail.
- CON: Cutter sometimes makes it hard to cut bag just right.
- CON: Doesn’t hold as many diapers as I had hoped, but I do have two in diapers.
The Munchkin Pros and Cons
- PRO: Bags do not need to be tied like the Diaper Genie.
- PRO: Holds smell in as good as the Diaper Genie.
- CON: Push button on top versus down near foot.
- CON: Smaller in size but holds about as many diapers as the Diaper Genie.
Overall I have been very satisfied with both as far as keeping the smell down in my house. It’s convenient to have a diaper pail in the house and I can’t wait to share some more of my pros and cons in a later post when the testing ends.
Questions for thought: Have you a diaper pail? Which one do you prefer and has it helped keep diaper smell down in your house?
Disclosure: I am a member of the Mom Central community and I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central, sponsored by Diaper Genie, and received a free Diaper Genie diaper pail and a free Munchkin Arm & Hammer diaper pail to facilitate my review.