What do you do when you are an entrepreneur and your household income is soley your responsibility and you have lost your funk?
With all going on in my personal life it’s been hard to focus on work and blogging because even though I know the decisions that have been made are the right ones, it’s still a huge change. Luckily my daughter has taken the separation well, her response was “he’s not my father, if it was my Dad then I would be upset. Justin is only my step Dad mom”. Silly me to think my 7 year old who has had Justin a part of her life for the past three and a half years wouldn’t be upset … silly Mom what were you thinking?!
Lately I have been losing my funk to complete work that needs to be done, write blog posts on time and still keep up with moving my husband’s stuff around, splitting up what he takes, what I keep and ensuring that I can continue with the same schedule after he is gone. Girl Scouts (Brownies) will be hard to keep up with because now I have to find someone to take the two boys while I go to that event, hopefully I can find someone as Brownies was something I promised to do with Ki this year, since last year I was nursing Baby K and couldn’t be away from him that long.
Here is what I have been doing to remained focus and move forward in a positive direction to get work done and succeed both emotionally and financially:
- Take a few deep breaths and relax.
- Focus on one task at a time, whether it be work, children, events or something else. Take ONE thing at ONE time.
- Complete said task and move on to task number two, continue until you have completed your daily routine of work.
- Write about what’s on your mind, publish a blog post based on your personal opinion, emotions or maybe have your child guest blog if they are old enough to tell a story.
- Remember that the past is the past and the future is unknown, focus on today because that is the only control you have.
What do you do when times get rough and you find your funk has just simply been LOST?? Do you meditate? Do you think happy thoughts? Do you exercise? What is it that makes you find your funk again?
Make it a Happy Day!